Lion Energy | Safari + Expansion Pack (XP) Kit | Build Your Own Kit
Create a great portable solar generator package. This kit comes with our largest portable generator—the Safari —that powers virtually anything you can plug into a standard wall outlet – power tools, refrigerators, freezers, air compressors, TVs, medical devices, blenders, and so much more! Combining the Safari with the Expansion Pack, you triple your storage capacity!
With our 24V 100W solar panels, you can keep your Safari system powered up indefinitely wherever you are.
Include other options, such as a military-spec EMP bag and a 3 LED light string that is great for any outdoor or emergency setting, and you have a great solar power generator kit you can take anywhere.
Where To Use Your Portable Power Generator:
• Around the House or Emergencies: The Safari has such a wide variety of uses. If you're looking to power critical devices in your home, a shed, a cabin, your RV or when disaster strikes, the Safari is a great choice and value. Use it everyday.
• At Work or Play: If you're a professional looking to power things on a job site, from power tools, to cameras and computer equipment, the Safari will get the job done. Take it with you camping, on an adventure, tailgating or at a BBQ and use it for all your portable power needs.
Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery Expansion Pack. Included in this kit, this expansion gives you 3X the storage capacity of the battery inside the main Lion Safari solar generator.
• Charge Retention: Up to 2 Years
• Minimum Charge Time with Main Unit: 6 hours
• Cycle Life: 3,500+
• Dimensions: 16.9 x 10.2x 9.8
• Weight: 50.7 lbs
There's a lot of things to love about the Safari from exceptionally fast charging times, to multiple outputs, and safety for you and the environment.
Made with Lithium Iron Phosphate, it's the safest solar generator on the market. You can use it indoors or outdoors.
Long lasting life cycles at 3,500+ using full depth of discharge (DOD). It can hold a charge for over 1 year.
Power to Spare
Can output 6,000W (surge) for that extra power need and has pass through mode so you can charge and use it at the same time.
Pure Sine Wave
Can be used to power medical devices such as CPAP machines.
Plug almost any device into it using AC, USB / USB-C or regulated 12V outputs.
Produces zero emissions or carbon footprint during use. It's good for you and the planet.
1 Lion Safari
• Professional Grade – Power kitchen appliances, communication devices, power tools, and more with 3,000W / 1612Wh.
• Multiple Outputs – Power different types of devices with AC, USB-A, USB-C, and 12V ports.
• Faster Charge Time & Renewable – Use the sun to recharge.
• Maintenance Free – Retains charge for up to 1 year.
1 XP Expansion Pack
• More Stored Energy – 3X the stored energy when you connect the Safari-XP expansion pack to the Safari for nearly 4,300Wh total
• Easy to Connect – Just plug it into the back of the Safari
• Maintenance Free – Retains charge for up to 1 year
24V 100W Solar Panel(s)
• Safe – Produces zero emissions, no carbon footprint during use.
• Weight (pounds): 50.7 • Dimensions - Inches (L x W x H): 16.9 x 10.2 x 9.8 • Warranty: 15 year
Safari-XP Charge Rate • Charge Capacity (AC): Through Base Unit • Min. Charge Time: + 3 Hour 4 Min • Solar / DC - Charge Capacity: Through Base Unit • Solar / DC - Min. Charge Time: + 3 Hours 30 Min
Safari-XP Battery • Battery Chemistry: Prismatic Cell LiFePO4 - Lithium Iron Phosphate • Watt Hours (Wh): 2,048Wh • Life Cycles: 3,500+ • Charge Retention: Up to 2 Years
24V 100W Solar Panel Specs
• Weight (pounds): ~22
• Dimensions - Inches (L x W x H): 26.5 x 20 x 1 (Folded), 26.5 x 40 x 1 (Unfolded)
• Rated Power: 100W / 24V @ 2.78A
• Panel Type: Monocrystalline
• Life Cycles: 20 years
• Warranty: 1 year
• Short-Circuit Current (ISC) / Open Circuit Voltage (VOC): 3.13A / 43.2V
• Maximum Power Point Current (Impp) / Maximum Power Point Voltage (Vmpp): 2.85A / 35V
EMP Bag Specs
• Tested and certified MIL-Spec by the US Military.
• Protection Level: EMP, HEMP, or other transient EMI's
• MIL-SPEC Standard: MIL-SPEC-461G-R5-105
• Weight: 5.5 lbs
• Dimensions: 16" x 20.5" x 26.8" (exterior) 15" x 19.5" x 20" (interior)
What is the Safari?
The Safari is the latest in Lithium battery technology for portable power needs. It replaces traditional noisy gas generators with the safest Lithium batteries on the market today. It is light weight for the amount of power it has. Think of it as a safe, silent, renewable generator and without the need for gas, pollution or all that weight.
What does the Safari power?
You can use it to power a wide variety of devices like cell phones, laptops, tablets refrigerators, freezers, TVs, lights, hot plates or grills, power tools, and the list goes on. Virtually any device you can plug into a standard wall outlet, the Safari can power it.
How can you figure out how long the Safari will power specific devices?
The Safari has a continuous 3,000W of power output (watts of power output) and over 1612Wh of stored energy. That means you can power devices that require up to 3,000W of power for various periods of time. To calculate how long the Safari can power a device, use this formula: Wh / W = Estimated Run Time. For example, if the device requires 50W of power and the Safari has 1612Wh then the device can be powered for approximately 32.24 hours (1612 / 50 = 32.24)
How long can the Safari hold a charge?
It will maintain its charge for up to a year without having to charge it. This is known as shelf life or storage life. Each month is will lose a little bit of the charge, more in the first month and less each month thereafter. Over a year it will average about 2-3% a month. Just plug it in and recharge it anytime. We recommend using frequently – in the house, outside, on adventures and ready for emergencies.
Can the Safari power an A/C unit?
The Safari can power some AC units depending upon the brand and the watts each AC unit requires. Like with most devices, the power consumption varies from brand to brand and model to model. The Safari can output 3,000W continuously. Check out our videos tab for a detailed review on the Safari.
How can I connect the Safari to my house?
You would need a home integration kit, which is generally found at home improvement/electrical supply/hardware stores.
Can the Safari be used to store solar power or solar energy?
The Safari is a great energy storage unit for solar power from solar panels. It can store 1612Wh (watt hrs) of energy.
Why should I buy the Safari?
The Safari is made from the highest quality and longest lasting battery technology – Lithium Iron Phosphate. The Safari is safe, silent and renewable, unlike gas-powered generators. The Safari gives your power anywhere, anytime.
Will the Safari work with power tools?
Yes, most power tools will work just fine with the Safari.
Lion Energy Warranty & Returns
This Warranty Disclaimer ("Disclaimer") sets forth the terms and conditions governing the warranty coverage provided by Lion Energy ("we," "our," or "us") for designated products sold or distributed by us.
• We provide a limited warranty that covers factory defects in materials and workmanship ("Defects") for a period of 5 years from the date of purchase ("Warranty Period"). This warranty is applicable only to the original purchaser of the product ("Buyer").
• This warranty does not cover normal wear and tear resulting from regular use of the product. Normal wear and tear include, but are not limited to, scratches, dents, fading, discoloration, or any other deterioration that occurs through customary use of the product. Additionally, this warranty does not cover damages caused by improper handling, misuse, neglect, accidents, modifications, or any unauthorized repairs or alterations made to the product.
Warranty Claims and Remedies:
• If the product exhibits a Defect during the Warranty Period, the Buyer must promptly notify us and provide proof of purchase. We, at our discretion, will either repair or replace the defective product, subject to the terms and conditions of this Disclaimer. Any repaired or replaced product shall be covered by this warranty for the remaining Warranty Period or thirty (30) days, whichever is longer.
Limitations of Liability:
• TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE PRODUCT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS, LOST REVENUE, LOSS OF USE, OR COSTS OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
• This Disclaimer shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Utah, USA. Any disputes arising under or in connection with this Disclaimer shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in Utah, USA.
By purchasing or using our product, the Buyer acknowledges and agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Warranty Disclaimer.
Our return policy lasts 30 days from your purchase date. If 30 days have passed since your purchase, unfortunately, we can’t offer you a refund.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging or in packaging sent to you through Lion Energy’s Customer Service department.
To complete your return, we need a receipt or proof of purchase. You must have bought your item directly from Lion Energy in order to receive a refund. If you bought it through another vendor or dealer, you must contact that vendor or dealer directly for a refund.
There are certain situations where only partial refunds may be granted (if applicable):
• Any item not in its original condition,
• is damaged,
• is missing parts (for reasons that are not the fault of Lion Energy),
• is returned more than 30 days after the purchase date.
Refunds (if applicable)
Once your return is received and inspected (and approved) your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a reasonable number of days.
Late or missing refunds (if applicable)
If you haven’t received a refund, first check your bank account. Then, contact your credit card company or financial institution, as it may take some time before your refund is officially posted. If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at email@example.com.
Exchanges (if applicable)
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange your item, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and include a receipt or proof of purchase, a serial number, and any pictures of damage (if applicable).
Once your original unit is delivered back to Lion Energy and received into our computer system, the replacement unit will be cleared to be sent out from our warehouse. The time it may take for an exchanged product to reach you will vary depending on where you live.
To return your product, you should contact us at email@example.com and request a Return Materials Authorization (RMA) through our Customer Service department.
You will be responsible for paying your own shipping costs for returning your item, unless otherwise specified by a Lion Energy Customer Service representative. Shipping costs are non-refundable.
If you are shipping an item over $75.00 in value, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or buying shipping insurance. We can’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.