Free Shipping to United States
Better Price Guarantee
Live Customer Support
Shop Top Solar Brands
Get portable power for your RV or off-grid needs through our industry-leading UT 1300 BT lithium iron phosphate battery and MPPT charge controller.
Save more when you bundle it with any array of 12V, 100W solar panels and a battery warmer. Our 105 Ah Solar Power System Kit has the following:
1x UT 1300 BT Lithium Battery
• 12V - 105Ah and with 105A continuous output.
• Fast Charging and Lightweight – 15% faster charging with a smart Battery Management System (BMS), and each battery weighs only 23 lbs.
• Last Longer – comes with a limited lifetime warranty*.
• Maintenance Free – Retains charge for up to 2 years. No trickle charging or fluids needed.
• Bluetooth® Compatible - Monitor your battery from the convenience of your mobile device.
Lion Savanna CC Charge Controller
• Manages the charge flow from any solar panel into the UT 1300.
• Comes standard with any RV kit.
Lion Energy 100W 12V Solar Panel(s)
• Easy to Use – Point towards the sun and plug into your RV system.
• Durable – Anti-corrosive, double walled aluminum construction that lasts up to 20 years.
• Powerful – Provides up to 100W charging output.
• Expandable – Link multiple panels together for faster charging.
• Use your battery in all types of weather by adding on a self-powered battery warmer. This keeps your battery in the optimal temperature range to ensure proper charging in any weather conditions. The thermostat turns on at 42 F with a +/- of 5 degrees. It turns off at 68 F with a +/- of 5 degrees.
45A Battery Charger
• Built to charge large batteries quickly, this lithium / LFP / LiFePO4 charger will charge any lithium battery at a rate of 45 amps. This charger is rated at 45 amps and will charge a Lion Energy UT 1300 105 Ah battery in 2.4 hours.
UT 1300 Battery Specs
• Weight (pounds): 23
• Dimensions - Inches (L x W x H): 10.2 x 6.6 x 8.8
• (Battery Posts add 1 inch in Height): (10.2 x 6.6 x 9.8)
• Warranty: Limited Lifetime
• Certifications: FCC, UL 1642, RoHS, CE
• Battery Chemistry: Cylindrical Cell LiFePO4 Lithium Iron Phosphate
• Battery Capacity - Watt Hours (Wh) / Amp Hours (Ah): 1,344Wh / 105 Ah
• Battery Output - Amps (A): 150 Amps Continuous Discharge
• Life Cycles: 3,500+ at 100% Depth of Discharge (DOD)
• Charge Retention: Up to 2 Year
• Charging / Operating Temp: 32 to 113°F / -4 to 131°F
• Series / Parallel: 12V to 24V to 36V to 48V / 105Ah to 210Ah to 315Ah to 420Ah
• Maximum Charge Rate - Amps (A): Up to 10A
• Recommended Charging Voltage - Volts (V): 13.9V - 14.6V
Lion Savanna CC Charge Controller Specs
• 12 Volt, 400 Watt, 30 Amp MPPT Charge Controller.
• Compatible only with 12V solar panels
• Includes a surface mount build with pre-drilled holes, making it possible to mount it in any location
12V 100W Solar Panel Specs
• Weight (pounds): 22
• Dimensions - Inches (L x W x H): 26.5 x 40 x 1 (Unfolded), 26.5 x 20 x 1 (folded)
• Rated Power: 100W / 18V max @ 5.56A
• Panel Type: Monocrystalline
• Life Cycles: 20 years
• Warranty: 1 year
• Short-Circuit Current (ISC) / Open-Circuit Voltage (VOC): 6.11A / 21.6V
• Maximum Power Point Current (Impp) / Maximm Power Point Voltage (Vmpp): 5.56A / 18.0V
Battery Warmer Specs
• Turns on at 42 F with a +/- of 5 degrees. It turns off at 68 F with a +/- of 5 degrees
45A Battery Charger Specs
• Charges any lithium battery at a rate of 45 amps
• Optimized this charger for use with Lion Energy lithium iron phosphate batteries (not recommended for charging lead acid or SLA batteries, it is too powerful)
• Charges a Lion Energy UT 1300 105Ah battery in 2.4 hours
*Note: the Savanna IV Inverter is not included in this kit. You can find that kit here
The Lion Safari UT 1300 is made from Lithium Iron Phosphate and is the safest battery technology on the market. Because it does not emit any toxic fumes or gases, you can use it inside your home, tent, RV or any other confined area. Lithium Iron Phosphate is the highest grade, safest battery composition available and has no potentially volatile chemistry. The Safari UT 1300 goes through extensive testing from initial design through production and before it ever leaves Lion Energy.
If you want to know more about how safe Lithium Iron Phosphate is (Safari UT 1300) click below.
What is the Safari UT1300?
The Safari UT 1300 is the latest in Lithium battery technology. It replaces traditional deep cycle lead acid batteries with the safest Lithium Iron Phosphate.
It is a drop in or "plug and play" battery because you can remove the deep cycle lead acid battery from your RV or boat and replace it with this superior preforming battery. It is used for auxiliary power and home energy storage too.
It is not designed for cold cranking or as a startup battery for vehicles.
What does the Safari UT1300 power?
The Safari UT 1300 is an amazing Lithium Iron Phosphate battery that can be used for auxiliary power in RV's trailers, motorhomes, boats, cabins, sheds, gazebos, dump trailers, and where you need a reliable sources of stored energy.
It replaces lead acid batteries and provides twice the energy because all of its energy (amp hours) can be used instead of only ~50% like lead acid batteries provide. For example, use it in an RV to power slide outs, lights, microwave, TV, AC, etc and get 2X the camping time on a single charge than a lead acid battery.
Want to use it to power a trolling motor? No problem, and you'll get not only a longer use time, but it also weighs less than half a lead acid battery and that's a big deal in a boat.
How about using it to store energy at a cabin so you can power lights, TV, and more? Yes, you can use it for that too. It can use 100% of the Ah stored in it and can be recharge over 3,500 times and still have 80% of its capacity left. (Note: The Safari UT 1300 is not a battery to use for starting vehicles.)
How long does it last?
The life of this Lithium battery is about 14 times that of deep cycle lead acid batteries. The Safari UT 1300 is a lifetime battery and comes with a limited lifetime warranty. It's that good!
Life Cycles – each of our Battery Warranties has a Cycle Count warrantee component – this is the number of cycles we warrant the battery to be able to withstand and still yield the stated percentage of original battery life.
For example, our UT1300 Battery is warranted for 3,500 Cycles up to 100% Depth of Discharge with 80% of original battery life remaining. This simply means that the consumer can fully discharge this battery 3,500 times and we warranty that it will still have 80% of the original 105 Amp Hours (80% X 105 = 84 Amp Hours) Remaining.
How long can the UT 1300 hold a charge?
It will maintain its charge for up to 2 years without having to charge it. This is known as shelf life or storage life. However, we recommend using it more frequently, in the house, outside, on adventures, and for emergencies.
Can it store solar power?
The Safari UT 1300 is a great energy storage unit for solar power from panels on homes, cabins, businesses, and RV's. It can harness the power of the sun. You'll need a charge controller between the solar panel and the Safari UT 1300 to regulate the energy flow from the panel(s) to the UT.
Do I have to maintain it?
The Safari UT 1300 is virtually maintenance free, meaning you don't have to use it or even trickle charge it every 3-4 months, deal with messy acid or water since it doesn't have any, or remove it from your vehicle and store it for the next season.
It can hold its charge for up to 2 years and can be recharged and used over and over again for years and years.
Is it good in bad weather?
The Safari UT 1300 performs better than lead acid batteries in most weather conditions. It can charge between temps of 32 to 113° F and can discharge between -4 to 131° F. Outside these ranges it can discharge at a lower rate. It is water resistant too.
How big is it?
The Safari UT 1300 weighs in at just 23 pounds and is the same 24 Group as other standard small footprint batteries. The dimensions are 10.2" L X 6.6" W X 8.8" H
What's the rated capacity?
The Safari UT 1300 is commonly referred to as a 12V, 105Ah (how much energy is stored in it), 1344Wh. Technically, it is called Nominal Voltage at 12.8V and 105Ah. It can output 900A peak, then approximately 250A for one minute and 150A continuously.
Can it be put in series or parallel?
Yes. You can increase the voltage in a Safari UT 1300 system by connecting them together from 12V up to 48V total (series). For example, 4 batteries connected together via + to - posts will make the four 12V become a 48V system.
You can also increase the Amp Hours (Ah) from 105Ah up to 420Ah (parallel) by connecting them together via + to + and - to -.
What are the battery charging parameters
We recommend setting all voltage to 13.9V, with a max of 14.6V. End amps or tail amps need to be set as low as possible and inverter low voltage needs to be set to 11.5V. Victron inverters charger and charge controllers should be set to 13.9V for a 12V inverter and 27.8V for 24V inverters. We recommend a good lithium charger.
What is a BMS?
The Safari UT 1300 has a smart internal Battery Management System (BMS) that acts as a safety net to shut down the battery if it is out of the parameters. This prevents the battery from over charging or discharging as well as operating outside of the temperature range.
Can I use my standard charger?
Yes! You could use a standard battery charger to charge the Safari UT 1300 and it will charge the battery. However, since most chargers are designed for a lead acid battery, they will not charge a UT 1300 completely.
It usually puts the Safari UT 1300 at about 80-85% full. For best performance, we recommend a lithium charger, or a charger that can put 13.9V-14.6V into the battery.
Can I charge the Safari UT 1300 from an alternator?
Yes. To prevent possible damage to your alternator, we recommend using the Redarc (Model #BCDC1225D), which is a DC-DC charger. It will safely charge your batteries while you are driving.
Can I use a heating element to keep my Lithium batteries above freezing?
If you want to use some type of heating element to keep the battery above freezing, you may want to use our Lion Energy Battery Warmer. We recommend you keep the batteries in an enclosed and/or insulated area.
This Warranty Disclaimer ("Disclaimer") sets forth the terms and conditions governing the warranty coverage provided by Lion Energy ("we," "our," or "us") for designated products sold or distributed by us.
• We provide a limited warranty that covers factory defects in materials and workmanship ("Defects") for a period of 5 years from the date of purchase ("Warranty Period"). This warranty is applicable only to the original purchaser of the product ("Buyer").
• This warranty does not cover normal wear and tear resulting from regular use of the product. Normal wear and tear include, but are not limited to, scratches, dents, fading, discoloration, or any other deterioration that occurs through customary use of the product. Additionally, this warranty does not cover damages caused by improper handling, misuse, neglect, accidents, modifications, or any unauthorized repairs or alterations made to the product.
Warranty Claims and Remedies:
• If the product exhibits a Defect during the Warranty Period, the Buyer must promptly notify us and provide proof of purchase. We, at our discretion, will either repair or replace the defective product, subject to the terms and conditions of this Disclaimer. Any repaired or replaced product shall be covered by this warranty for the remaining Warranty Period or thirty (30) days, whichever is longer.
Limitations of Liability:
• TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE PRODUCT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS, LOST REVENUE, LOSS OF USE, OR COSTS OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
• This Disclaimer shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Utah, USA. Any disputes arising under or in connection with this Disclaimer shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in Utah, USA.
By purchasing or using our product, the Buyer acknowledges and agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Warranty Disclaimer.
Our return policy lasts 30 days from your purchase date. If 30 days have passed since your purchase, unfortunately, we can’t offer you a refund.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging or in packaging sent to you through Lion Energy’s Customer Service department.
To complete your return, we need a receipt or proof of purchase. You must have bought your item directly from Lion Energy in order to receive a refund. If you bought it through another vendor or dealer, you must contact that vendor or dealer directly for a refund.
There are certain situations where only partial refunds may be granted (if applicable):
• Any item not in its original condition,
• is damaged,
• is missing parts (for reasons that are not the fault of Lion Energy),
• is returned more than 30 days after the purchase date.
Refunds (if applicable)
Once your return is received and inspected (and approved) your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a reasonable number of days.
Late or missing refunds (if applicable)
If you haven’t received a refund, first check your bank account. Then, contact your credit card company or financial institution, as it may take some time before your refund is officially posted. If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at email@example.com.
Exchanges (if applicable)
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange your item, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and include a receipt or proof of purchase, a serial number, and any pictures of damage (if applicable).
Once your original unit is delivered back to Lion Energy and received into our computer system, the replacement unit will be cleared to be sent out from our warehouse. The time it may take for an exchanged product to reach you will vary depending on where you live.
To return your product, you should contact us at email@example.com and request a Return Materials Authorization (RMA) through our Customer Service department.
You will be responsible for paying your own shipping costs for returning your item, unless otherwise specified by a Lion Energy Customer Service representative. Shipping costs are non-refundable.
If you are shipping an item over $75.00 in value, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or buying shipping insurance. We can’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.